oil pressure and fuel gauges stopped working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BBSteve

Reaction score
Hello, recently I disassembled the dash on my 1988 K3500 to replace the dash light bulbs (those bulbs were like pulling teeth) and figured that while I was in there that I would clean the gauges. After reassembly the oil pressure gauge does not work and just now noticed that the fuel gauge doesn't work. The temp gauge and the volt gauge work fine but the other two do not. Checked fuse it is ok, grounded the tan wire going to the oil pressure sender and the oil pressure gauge still did not move. They all functioned until I messed with them.. Any ideas would be helpful

BBSteve

Reaction score
Well, like they say. If you lose something, backtrack and you could find it. So, I disassembled the dash again and found no obvious problems I cleaned the female sockets with a tip cleaner and cleaned the male studs on the back of the gauges with a small wire brush. SHAZAM both gauges now work! Sorry if I wasted anyone's time pondering on my oversight.