Occasional 3-4 Upshift Flare?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
This has happened maybe 3 times so far. I started putting some miles on the 99 K2500 and on just a couple of occasions it has revved up a smidge on the 3-4 Upshift. It has a fresh converter, new harness, and new fluid/filter in the 4L80. This is the only hiccup I've observed with the power train and 99% of the time it's not there. Just wondering what may be some potential causes?

NickTransmissions

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This has happened maybe 3 times so far. I started putting some miles on the 99 K2500 and on just a couple of occasions it has revved up a smidge on the 3-4 Upshift. It has a fresh converter, new harness, and new fluid/filter in the 4L80. This is the only hiccup I've observed with the power train and 99% of the time it's not there. Just wondering what may be some potential causes?
How many miles on that transmission?

Do a line prrssure test then plug in your scan tool, take for a drive and look at shift speeds, especially at the 3-4 transition.

Sounds like OD clutch is beginning to wear out but diagnose it to be sure before yanking and overhualing it.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
232000 miles on the trans, it's definitely gone far enough to earn an overhaul. I think I'll take a look at the trims too, see if the trans is compensating for wear to meet a commanded shift time.