Now, thats a weird one...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1990Z71Swede

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So, just bought this broken thing...
I' m a bit puzzled of how it's optioned.
Lot's of heavy duty stuff like F60, F44 ,14 bolt semi float, and basically all the Z71 stuff but "HD shocks" instead of Bilsteins.
Seems like the first owner which was in Sweden may have had some specific use in mind for it. Maybe for plowing snow, but here using a truck for that is like shooting bear with a .22...:)
It's like someone has built a K1500 "HD"
Silverado Worktruck...:p
Maybe it's not as unusual? IDK.
What did I buy? Any input appreciated.

You must be registered for see images attach

someotherguy

Even more awesome in person
Reaction score
F44 gets you the 9.5" 14 SF; doesn't necessarily include that spring package but the F44 trucks I've seen got an extra leaf and a thicker overload leaf in the rear pack. Would assume it comes with heavier torsion bars, too, on the 4x4. The K1500 parts truck SPID label I've got handy is an F44 truck but didn't have the RPO's for the springs you have, but it absolutely did have the 4+1 rear leaf pack. What surprised me more than anything is that it had 3.42 gears in that 9.5", on a 4x4.. I would have guessed 3.73's would be far more likely.

Richard

1990Z71Swede

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
F44 gets you the 9.5" 14 SF; doesn't necessarily include that spring package but the F44 trucks I've seen got an extra leaf and a thicker overload leaf in the rear pack. Would assume it comes with heavier torsion bars, too, on the 4x4. The K1500 parts truck SPID label I've got handy is an F44 truck but didn't have the RPO's for the springs you have, but it absolutely did have the 4+1 rear leaf pack. What surprised me more than anything is that it had 3.42 gears in that 9.5", on a 4x4.. I would have guessed 3.73's would be far more likely.

Richard
Yes, It has a 4+1 leaf but our RCSS 1990 Z71 has that too. F60 seems to be the HD torsion bars, it also has three skid plates like a Z71, thats the NZZ option.

Apparently the F44 leafs were not enough. Its got bags too, and a tiny bit of rust....:cool:

1990Z71Swede

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looking at that rust, perhaps the original owner ordered it like that to be used for towing a heavy boat, and it spent some time backing into saltwater?
Yes, could be. But 2/3's of this country is the equivalent to your "rust belt" so it's not uncommon for trucks to look like this just from normal use, since there is not much rust protection on them from GM. As rough as it is, l'd say the glass is half full all things considered.:)

Last edited:

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, could be. But 2/3's of this country is the equivalent to your "rust belt" so it's not uncommon for trucks to look like this just from normal use, since there is not much rust protection on them from GM.
Those u-bolts are probably functioning on memory alone at this point.