No turn signals / parking brake light on gauge cluster

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tims 97 Chevy

Reaction score
So I've been having weird issues with my gauge cluster since I bought my truck. (1997 C1500 w/ a 5 speed manual(No PRNDL on cluster)) The gauge cluster was replaced with one out of a 95 K1500 and the speed and tach wouldn't read properly. all my other lights worked fine. I decided to try and find a cluster out of a C truck instead of a K truck to attempt and fix my first issue. I sourced another 1995 cluster without a PRNDL display. Swapped it into my truck and now my speedometer and tach read properly.

However, now my turn signals and parking brake light do not show up on my cluster. I checked the blubs first, the cluster contacts for the blubs, and the contacts for the cluster to the truck its self. Everything looked ok, so I have no idea what is causing this issue.

Any help is greatly appreciated. I'm happy to provide any more information that may be useful to someone.

Thanks in advance.

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I've been having weird issues with my gauge cluster since I bought my truck. (1997 C1500 w/ a 5 speed manual(No PRNDL on cluster)) The gauge cluster was replaced with one out of a 95 K1500 and the speed and tach wouldn't read properly. all my other lights worked fine. I decided to try and find a cluster out of a C truck instead of a K truck to attempt and fix my first issue. I sourced another 1995 cluster without a PRNDL display. Swapped it into my truck and now my speedometer and tach read properly.

However, now my turn signals and parking brake light do not show up on my cluster. I checked the blubs first, the cluster contacts for the blubs, and the contacts for the cluster to the truck its self. Everything looked ok, so I have no idea what is causing this issue.

Any help is greatly appreciated. I'm happy to provide any more information that may be useful to someone.

Thanks in advance.
Did they work on the old cluster?

Tims 97 Chevy

Reaction score
Did they work on the old cluster?
Yes the lights worked on the old cluster (the one out of the 95 K1500). I wish I kept it to test further, but I had to take it apart to repair my current cluster (out of a 95 C1500) since the gas gauge and oil pressure were jittery. took the best looking bulbs and contacts from both clusters to make one good set. So the bulbs are likely not the issue

Last edited: