No start ls swapped

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Deewalker29

Reaction score
im in need of help. i have a 04 5.3, in a 88 cutlass. the car ran great for about two months, then one day it just shut off,, after checking the system[wire harness] i found that the two power wires that hooks to the starter and the crankshaft sensor wire had burnt into the header, so i bought a new stand alone wiring harness, once i finish installing the harness, the car started up but it had a really bad vibration so i shut the car off and rechecked behind myself to make sure everything was in its place as it should be, which it was so i restarted the car [still had a bad vibration] but it ran for 3 mins then shut off, in would not start again. so i went to checking the possiblities , i check fuel in which its getting 59 psi of fuel. i check all my grounds , they all had good connection, i check to see if the ignition was getting 12v and constant 12v which it was, i check to see was the the coils getting ground and 12v which they both was but i wasnt getting any sparks, so i check the crank and cam sensor with they was both getting power so i replace them just in case and still no sparks.. can anyone please point me in the right direction. on how to fix this..

BeXtreme

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Fuses? I would recommend you connect a tool up and look at what the PCM is seeing. Is it showing RPM, CTS, etc... while cranking? Any codes showing? Did you ring out the harness before you installed it to make sure the connectors were pinned right and going to where they should be going on the PCM side?