New here.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AlaRado

Reaction score
I finally got around to removing oil pan.
A piece of cylinder #8 piston skirt. A balled up/shriveled oil pump pickup. A lot of little metal shavings. I wish I had opened this engine up before installing it. Now I plan to replace the pickup and to clean the oil pan and tighten and or replace the bearings that were noisy. Any advice?

Attachments

• IMG_6625.jpeg
    IMG_6625.jpeg
    180.1 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_6627.jpeg
    IMG_6627.jpeg
    253.1 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_6632.jpeg
    IMG_6632.jpeg
    174.2 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

Cadillacmak

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
A piece of cylinder #8 piston skirt. A balled up/shriveled oil pump pickup. A lot of little metal shavings. I wish I had opened this engine up before installing it. Now I plan to replace the pickup and to clean the oil pan and tighten and or replace the bearings that were noisy. Any advice?
NOOOOOOO! That looks like a full motor replacement/overhaul to me from what I see in pictures. What does it smell like, is it a bitter metal smell?

someotherguy

Even more awesome in person
Reaction score
The stuff that has circulated in the oil has caused bearing damage yet to be seen. Agreed with the others, it's time to pull for rebuild, or replace with something else.

Richard