New AMD 88-91 Dash Assembly

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cc333

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Doesn't LMC sell dashes that come in the various factory colors (blue, red, tan, grey, etc), or do they only sell it in the same unfinished black as the new AMD version? I'm not in the market for 88-94 dashes, so I don't know for sure, but I did look once out of curiosity (I don't remember what the options were, however).

c

someotherguy

Even more awesome in person
Reaction score
Doesn't LMC sell dashes that come in the various factory colors (blue, red, tan, grey, etc), or do they only sell it in the same unfinished black as the new AMD version? I'm not in the market for 88-94 dashes, so I don't know for sure, but I did look once out of curiosity (I don't remember what the options were, however).

c
LMC has a website you can reference, ya know. :)

(and the answer is no; you must paint the dash your choice of colors regardless of which new one you buy)

Richard

cc333

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
LMC has a website you can reference, ya know. :)
Oh yeah, Duh! I forgot I knew that for a second! :p

(and the answer is no; you must paint the dash your choice of colors regardless of which new one you buy)
I see. Are the original dashes painted also, or is the color mixed into the plastic materials during the manufacturing process? I can't tell on my '94 GMC, but I have a '97 Ford F150 that is definitely painted at least in part, because I can see some spots where the color has worn off over the years, exposing the black base material.

c

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BTW fellas watch those shipping charges. The dashes are priced the same, BUT.

LMC dash $449.95 + 92.50 ship + 44.76 tax = $587.21 total

AMD dash $449.99 + 189.00 ship + 52.71 tax = $691.70 total

Like hell I'm gonna pay more than $100 over the other seller of apparently the same item.

Richard
Part of that is probably due to location. I bet your closer to LMC (KS) than AMD (GA)

Amd is less than 2 hrs from me. I'd probably just go pick one up but I bet if I did the figures my pricing example would be opposite of yours.

Or maybe you're exactly in the middle of them an it makes no sense at all :shrug:

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
BTW fellas watch those shipping charges. The dashes are priced the same, BUT.

LMC dash $449.95 + 92.50 ship + 44.76 tax = $587.21 total

AMD dash $449.99 + 189.00 ship + 52.71 tax = $691.70 total

Like hell I'm gonna pay more than $100 over the other seller of apparently the same item.

Richard
Oversized box, heavy, bulky item, and charging by the mile for shipping.... yuppers it's gonna be expensive! I've got car parts for sale, that shipping would be three or four times what the parts are worth.....

someotherguy

Even more awesome in person
Reaction score
Oh yeah, Duh! I forgot I knew that for a second! :p
:Big Laugh:

I see. Are the original dashes painted also, or is the color mixed into the plastic materials during the manufacturing process? I can't tell on my '94 GMC, but I have a '97 Ford F150 that is definitely painted at least in part, because I can see some spots where the color has worn off over the years, exposing the black base material.

c
Tough call. Some of the 88-94 dashes seem like the color is molded in, yeah? On most of the parts, anyway. Example, the dash I just put in my '93 came from a '94, and with all the parts removed, it's gray, everywhere. Looks solid, not painted. However! The busted-up dash that came out looks exactly the same, except everywhere that it broke apart, you can see it's black inside.

Some of the attached parts are molded-in color, like the 88-94 center A/C vent panel, and those rarely match the rest of the dash accurately.

Richard

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Richard
Yup, they come in one color, grey. You have to paint it to match your interior color. Not really a bad thing if you think about it. If you had a faded red interior putting in a new red dash would just make you repaint everything to match anyway.

fancyTBI

*Sad TBI 350 noises*
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Today I learned that the dash I pulled was an 88-91 dash and won’t work for my ‘94. What’s the going rate for a crack free dash in red? Kinda bummed.