New AMD 88-91 Dash Assembly

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99xcss4

92g-94c frank'n (truburban) K-2500
Reaction score
that is really cool and the price seems fair ompaird to the crazy ebay prices for used ones I have to ask though why is only for 88-91 it should also be for 92 93 and 94 what is different

95burban

Friends don’t let friends use spindles.
Reaction score
They also have one listed for the 92-94. I would like to know the difference

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The main difference is in the shape of the plug for the instrument cluster.

Not sure if they went on there own for this or it's the same as the one lmc sells. The lmc one is a nice piece, well worth it imo.

someotherguy

Even more awesome in person
Reaction score
I can't get the site to load at the moment but I'd bet it's probably the same one LMC has. LMC doesn't seem to make anything, just re-sell what they find on the market.

EDIT - got the site loaded; the links need to be https, so the ones above with that prefix omitted don't load.

As mentioned earlier the difference between 88-91 and 92-94 is just the area where the cluster connector fits. It's a significant difference so it's best to get the year that is correct for your truck, whether getting used or new.

I've attached pics direct from their site that show the difference clearly, if you look at the pics full size, note the area for the cluster connector.

88-91 has a rectangular opening for the connector that is flush with the rest of the cavity for the cluster, as the cluster for those trucks is dimensionally deeper than 92-94.
You must be registered for see images attach

92-94 has a narrower, more square shaped opening for the connector, that is on a pedestal approx 3/4" above the surrounding area, as it supports the connector in a position that keeps it from falling out of the back of the cluster as the cluster has a flexi-circuit board on the back with fingers for the socket interface, instead of pins, like 88-91.
You must be registered for see images attach

Richard

Last edited:

someotherguy

Even more awesome in person
Reaction score
BTW fellas watch those shipping charges. The dashes are priced the same, BUT.

LMC dash $449.95 + 92.50 ship + 44.76 tax = $587.21 total

AMD dash $449.99 + 189.00 ship + 52.71 tax = $691.70 total

Like hell I'm gonna pay more than $100 over the other seller of apparently the same item.

Richard