New ‘92 owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dlundblad

Reaction score
Howdy everyone. Always liked this body style of truck.

My wife’s grandma gave us her late husband’s 1992. Hasn’t run in a couple years, but is pretty decent overall. 90k miles. Little to no rust. We are getting her towed home this week.

You must be registered for see images attach

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Nice truck. Welcome to the forum. My 97, has 275000 plus miles. Still running grate. These are grate trucks. You are now a member of the best truck forum, on the planet. You will find a ton of info on these trucks here, and a lot of help, from the members here as well.

jd33173

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Howdy everyone. Always liked this body style of truck.

My wife’s grandma gave us her late husband’s 1992. Hasn’t run in a couple years, but is pretty decent overall. 90k miles. Little to no rust. We are getting her towed home this week.

Welcome, nice truck

dlundblad

Reaction score
Welcome from Alberta Canada
That's a great looking truck. Enjoy it.
Got any wild plans for it or just a basic resurrection?
Pretty stock as it’ll always be “grandpa’s truck.” It’ll have firewood duty as well as home renovation runs.. maybe the occasional trailer haul.. that’s about it. May put a limited slip in as she doesn’t have the G80. I am a BFG K02 fan as well so she may get those even though it’s a 2WD. Definitely Bilstein 5100’s and perhaps a leveling kit.

*I’m hoping the lower intake manifold gaskets are good for now. Going to do a coolant flush and switch over to John Deere Cool Gard coolant, brake fluid flush with new hoses, PSF flush (I’m assuming PSF or ATF?) MTF and gear oil change, spark plugs and air filter as well as oil change and see what happens.

Last edited: