Need Help with P/N for A/C compressor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ando069

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey folks, as heat indexes hit 100's in the northeast.. i'm looking to get my A/C going... I attempted to charge this system up and it immediately seeped out the compressor housing i think its called "leaky gut" or something i read they call it on the webs. I'm going to replace it all.. based on what i read (compressor/dryer/condensor orifice etc) so i'm not looking for that help "yet" I went to pull the P/N for whats in it now and its rubbed off... I believe it reads 57943 and I found that compressor but maybe someone here can make out this pic? so here it goes.

You must be registered for see images attach

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You may not get an instant answer, most here are adults and have lived and still work, money for toys.
No. 1. We don't know what have. Don't have a crystal now, it's getting a polish.
What make, model, year. At least then if there's anything special like rear air, or 4L80E. We're not there, pretend we're all blind. Info you provide is determines how correctly answer's are. :waytogo:

CorvairGeek

Reaction score
"Belly leaker", but your pic looks like an R4 compressor (used through '95). R4s have lots of problems.