Need help with drls

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shawn2131

Reaction score
So I installed these led headlights with the led Us and loved them but i don't like how the actual lights are always on and I've tried ways to get it so the headlights can turn off HEADLIGHTS ONLY and the led bar. Is their any way i can make it so the led bar stays on but the bulbs are off. If you have any questions il try my best to answer. also I've tried the one click with the parking brake and I've tried the fuse it all turns off. Then I'm not really sure on taking the little metal box thing under the dash because last time I did that it just stop giving power. "EDIT" I also forgot to include that i was thinking about wiring up a switch right before the bulbs so i can turn them off and on manually but if theirs a easier way then let me know.

Awest623

A juicy girl got me, again
Reaction score
You're asking us to give you wiring advice on aftermarket parts, nobody can help you with that over the internet. If it's really bothering you, take it apart and look at the wiring.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did the DRL’s shut off previously when 1 click of parking brake applied?

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeup all of it turned off
Sorry, just reread your initial post. So it does also shut DRL’s off now with LED’s and 1 click? I’m pretty sure that you can just unplug the Diode under dash.

Shawn2131

Reaction score
Sorry, just reread your initial post. So it does also shut DRL’s off now with LED’s and 1 click? I’m pretty sure that you can just unplug the Diode under dash.
so if I unplug the diode under the dash it should hopefully only turn off the headlights and not the led bar?

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not so sure about that, it probably will if the light bar is tapped into headlight circuit. Just run the bar separately with its own power source and switch. Probably not what you wanted to hear, but it is what it is.

Ls_Obs96

Reaction score
So I installed these led headlights with the led Us and loved them but i don't like how the actual lights are always on and I've tried ways to get it so the headlights can turn off HEADLIGHTS ONLY and the led bar. Is their any way i can make it so the led bar stays on but the bulbs are off. If you have any questions il try my best to answer. also I've tried the one click with the parking brake and I've tried the fuse it all turns off. Then I'm not really sure on taking the little metal box thing under the dash because last time I did that it just stop giving power. "EDIT" I also forgot to include that i was thinking about wiring up a switch right before the bulbs so i can turn them off and on manually but if theirs a easier way then let me know.
What I done with mine was wire in my low beam to the power side of my parking lights not the blinker side and the way I done that was got a headlight plug in off another truck spliced it in with the parking light so now when the parking lights are one which is the first click in the headlight switch the headlights are on with it. And for the Led bar just keep it how u have it wired into the actual headlight plug itself