Need answers on two plugs behind glove box that feed thru firewall passenger side.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I have a 1998 k1500 with a 1996 k 1500 harness and pcm. Due to the passlock giving me issues on the 98 pcm.. I swapped the harnesses and am stuck on the two connectors behind the glove box.. inside is a 12 pin plug and 1 pin plug. The 96 harness has a 7 wire plug and a 3 wire plug. I cut the connector off and connected the best I could according to color and size. This leaves me with 5 wires that go to nothing on the bigger plug..... I have no brake lights, no gas gauge, no oil or temp sensor. Don't know if this has anything to do with it. I didn't have speedo untill I did this. So my question is what do i do with these remaining 5 wires

Erin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a 1998 k1500 with a 1996 k 1500 harness and pcm. Due to the passlock giving me issues on the 98 pcm.. I swapped the harnesses and am stuck on the two connectors behind the glove box.. inside is a 12 pin plug and 1 pin plug. The 96 harness has a 7 wire plug and a 3 wire plug. I cut the connector off and connected the best I could according to color and size. This leaves me with 5 wires that go to nothing on the bigger plug..... I have no brake lights, no gas gauge, no oil or temp sensor. Don't know if this has anything to do with it. I didn't have speedo untill I did this. So my question is what do i do with these remaining 5 wires
I can't help, but the guys that can usually like pictures to get a better handle on the problem.

Blackcat84357

Reaction score
What did you end up figuring out? I'm in the same problem your in right now and would like some advise

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If your not using the wire diagrams from the year trucks your trying to match up. How do you know your splicing into the correct circuits. Would you bet your life that GM kept the same wire/ circuit ID colors from year to year? Just as you found the connectors are different, the circuits are different. GM was constantly upgrading every year.

jd33173

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Where can I find the wiring diagrams for wires behind the glovebox
Here ya go

Blackcat84357

Reaction score
Here ya go
There is a lot of information in these. But I couldn't find anything about a wire or connector behind the glove box

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
For 98, at least, you’d be looking in volume 1 in section 8A. It has the connector diagrams and number (C###). The associated pinouts are also in there and should give you what you’re looking for.

You must be registered for see images attach