Need a little help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wildmanz71

Reaction score
I just purchased a 1999 suburban around Thanksgiving. I had to put a new trans in which was not a problem. Did a complete tune up cap, rotor, wires, fuel filter and plugs. I also resealed the lower intake as for when the trans was out it had a oil leak at the rear of the engine. Set the timing to +1 on my snapon solus pro. I do know it has the old style popets in it and did not replace them being on a time manner getting the truck back on the road. Im have a shutter like a miss fire when going to WOT from a dead stop. That is the only time it happens. Im thinking the popets are causing the problem and don't mind changing them just wanted some input from other member that might have ran in this problem. I have ran enough fuel injector cleaner through it that is should have done something other than pissing the money down the drain.

Wildmanz71

Reaction score
Installed new spider injector upgrade and found the coil was bad at the same time. Installed new coil and test drove. Still shut down and hard to restart but only happens after 20+ miles or so. Cycle the key several times and it will start. Tonight it showed a code for the cam sensor finally. Now im stuck between a distributor and a fuel pump. Any input guys? I also have the factory manuals for the burb and have been reading about the oil psi switch should keep the pump running when it senses oil psi. I have look at the schematics and do not see anywhere that the sensor goes to the ecm or to the fuel pump relay.