Mysterious “Made in USA” control-module? off of my ‘89 Accel EFI 454 (k3500)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Amsterdamned96

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Dear gearheads and greasemonkeys,
Can anyone help me identify this control-module? The adhesive with which it was potted has turned somewhat opague so i can’t tell from looking at the PCB. I’m assuming it’s a standalone transmission-controller as the earlier Accel ECUs were bare-bones.
It was located underhood, iirc close to the passenger wheel-well where one often finds MSD 6a ignition units and other common aftermarket systems bolted on.

Photo can be found below:
You must be registered for see images attach

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
Never seen that one before... But it uses the same connector as the newer cruise control modules. It almost seems like it piggybacks signals from somewhere else before going to the final destination. What are the wire colors going into the connectors? Or maybe you can see what plugged into it?

Amsterdamned96

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Never seen that one before... But it uses the same connector as the newer cruise control modules. It almost seems like it piggybacks signals from somewhere else before going to the final destination. What are the wire colors going into the connectors? Or maybe you can see what plugged into it?
That’s correct, it fits the cruise control connector. Only mismatching a single terminal that isn’t on the factory one. I guess you’re right and it is indeed a piggyback for the cruise-control. I’ll try delving deeper into retro aftermarket odds and ends.
I’ll post a picture of the connectors up-close as well as the colour-coding on the wires

Amsterdamned96

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Have you ever gotten your hands on any documentation for this EFI setup?
Thanks for checking-in, I’ve found the pinout for the ECU so that I can distinguish the original wiring from the aftermarket one and have an understanding of the I/O pins.
I’ve got female 16-18 gauge terminals (iirc)
to crimp in new lengths of cable to essentially re-pin both of the wiring-harnesses.
I found an installation doc, it was fairly detailed but not all too expansive covering everything from infomercial tidbits, to installation, how it determines air-to-fuel using limited inputs and a predetermined chart, open loop/closed-loop, which injectors, cfm, yada, yada.
I have yet to wire it all up again, i have new 36lb/hr injectors, a spare EPROM.
Hopefully the original microcontroller hasn’t been erased from sitting idle/unpowered for so long.
i’m currently having to fix a bent con-rod from a hydrolock due unburnt fuel, including making my own con-rod/press-wristpin removal jig out of flatstock :c
When that’s done, I’m going to slap this old baby back together and see if the 12v system still chooches.