My '95 RCLB C1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Canadian Rust Bucket

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If it was me....I'd try and get the hidden areas done as good as possible, using it as practice for the areas that will be scene.
Practice makes perfect.
Fair point. I can definitely use the practice! I have a few other spots to practice on, too. Inner door panels, door sills, even the inside of the bed, since it's getting a liner.
Thanks!

Canadian Rust Bucket

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Paint touched up and box installed.
Picked the box off the bike stands with the winch and chains to stakes in the corner pockets
You must be registered for see images attach

Backed the truck three-quarters of the way under the box, then slid the hoist on the track until it basically lined up

Sat the box down, threw a few bolts in it, and got the fuel filler neck installed.

Need to shuffle it around a little and get the rest of the bolts in.
It's amazing how much more finished it feels just having these two halves back together.

Keeper

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Love this build, and that shop.

If you don't mind me asking, what is the backstory on those 3+1 rear leafs? I've been seeing them throughout your build, but had assumed they were on there to knock a few inches off the rear and soften up the ride a bit. But it doesn't look like that is the case unless it's a camera angle thang.

89RCLB

I'm Awesome...
Supporting Member
Reaction score

If you don't mind me asking, what is the backstory on those 3+1 rear leafs? I've been seeing them throughout your build, but had assumed they were on there to knock a few inches off the rear and soften up the ride a bit. But it doesn't look like that is the case unless it's a camera angle thang.
That's the standard leaf pack for a 2WD truck, that's what is under my '89 2WD.

Canadian Rust Bucket

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Thanks!
Based on the rust, I'm pretty sure they're the original leafs. I just cleaned them, painted and repacked them.

Also, the rake is off right now. I have to shim the cab to square it up a little better, and I haven't tightened down the suspension yet. So the height of the rear appears a little higher than it should be.

Last edited: