My '89 Cheyenne DD LS swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Leeztruk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Couple of thoughts for you Dc. 1st, concerning the baby LS. I sorta fell into this 4.8/4l60e. It supposedly was for another persons' swap that never happened. So it sat in their garage for a few years. It ended up on ebay as they just wanted to unload it, I'm assuming. Like you, why go 4.8? I stumbled on the ad, found it was close by, took a look, and made it mine. I guess most, like you say, hang a turbo on it to make stratospheric HP, for a vehicle meant to go very fast. I just wanted a good low stress engine to power my truck. Having done a 5.3L in a squarebody, I didn't want or need a big horse engine. This engine has more than enough power to satisfy my needs/wants. My days of being badazz on the streets are long behind me. 2nd, concerning the rear discs, it isn't the kit from Littleshop Mfg., although similar in looks and parts, so I can't compare the two. I do know that there is a significant difference in cost between the two as Cunningham only sells the brackets, and it's up to the individual purchaser to get their own supplimental parts.

Pulling the axles to change the leaking axle seals turned into an almost nightmare as the spider gear cross shaft retaining screw decide it had had enough, and broke off inside the carrier. It broke at the very last thread. In the end, I was able to remove the rest of the pin with a pencil magnet, by just unscrewing it. I had purchased a lock bolt extraction kit but in the end, I didn't need to use it. I had a used diff. on the work bench that had a good locking pin, so that got used to replace the broken one.

Other things that got fixed while I was under the truck, I replaced the frozen right side ebrake cable. While up front, I replace both aged non-functioning shocks. My little truck just keeps getting better and better