My 1991 Silverado

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TwitchZ28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey guys, just wanted to make a thread for my silverado since I keep changing things and upgrading here and there.

Bought the truck almost a year ago. Looked like this.
You must be registered for see images attach

I drove it just like that for a while until I started having issues. Turned out to be a blown head gasket. The truck sat at my girlfriends apartment for a couple months waiting till I could do the replacement and I finally decided to drive it back to my apartment to be picked up on a trailer and taken home the next weekend as I was moving and it would be easier. After sitting for months just fine, and a cross town drive in the rain with a blown head gasket it finally decided to let go of one of it's tires right after it was parked(what a relief it made it).

This is the aftermath of driving it on a busted tire onto the trailer(no spare)

So I took it home and my father and I tore into it. Here are just a few pics. It got all new top end gaskets, new thermostat, new radiator, new hoses, and an overall tune up.

Since it had a blown tire, and I found a good deal online for a set of jeep sahara wheels and tires I bought those and some adapters from motorsport-tech and installed the new wheels and tires as well.

Then I decided I didn't care for the fading of the grille and windshield wipers, and the chrome side mirrors, so I coated them with plasti-dip.

Then I decided the headlights were too dim for night driving because of old housings, I buffed them out which only helped a little. Then since I couldn't find any replacement housing I liked, I just bought a set of hid's and threw them in there and "powered" my way through the dingy housings haha.

That's pretty much it so far. I have done a few other things like throw in a pioneer head unit but nothing major. It's currently sitting awaiting a fuel pump that's going in next week.