Manual to power door parts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vince72

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey Guys,
I am considering adding power doors to my 95 sierra and would like to a parts list. What are my options for door trim panels, is it the same panels for power mirrors or non power mirrors? I do not plan on adding power mirrors just windows and locks.

Vince

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,
I am considering adding power doors to my 95 sierra and would like to a parts list. What are my options for door trim panels, is it the same panels for power mirrors or non power mirrors? I do not plan on adding power mirrors just windows and locks.

Vince
Coverlay sells reproduction door panels, they aren’t exactly the same as OE, but close.

The easiest option is to find a donor truck at a yard and pull: door panels, switches, regulator and motors (attached to the black stamped piece behind the door panel), and the wiring harness. The harness you pull will likely have wires for the speakers, so that’s a bonus. The wiring for the doors runs along the top of the firewall, so it’s “easier” to pull the dash.

I did this for a ‘94. It’s a little different than our ‘95s.

Stumpy

Heavy Chevy
Reaction score
I did this on my '96, and like stated above, it's a lot easier, if you can get everything off of a donor. I had a parts truck to do my swap, and if an electrical dummy like me can do it, anybody can.

Also, GM could not have made the doors easier to work with. I unbolted the inner door cards, with the window motors and mechanical, and bolted them into my doors. Even used my same windows.

The only splicing I did was for the dome light ground, if I remember correct, due to the window harness plugging into the same spot, on the convenience center.

Probably one of my favorite mods.

Bonus, the parts truck had keyless entry, and was able to make that work too.

Also, if grabbing the harness, don't forget the circuit breakers, that go in the fuse box, on the side of the dash.

vince72

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I might be able to find parts for a SUV out here but not sure about a truck. Are the trim panels between SUV’s and trucks the same?

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
Pretty much, but if you get them from a 4-door there's gonna be a lot of extra unnecessary wiring and two extra window switches on the driver panel. Also I didn't see the part about power mirrors answered so I will - ALL of them that came with power windows also had power mirrors. So you'll have that set of switches on the panel of any power window setup you pull from.

fancyTBI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
ALL of them that came with power windows also had power mirrors. So you'll have that set of switches on the panel of any power window setup you pull from.
Is this with respect to the SUVs? My ’95 has power locks/windows but manual mirrors.

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
Is this with respect to the SUVs? My ’95 has power locks/windows but manual mirrors.
Oh?? I knew there were 95+ trucks that came with power locks but manual windows and mirrors, but I don't think I've ever seen one that was only lacking power mirrors! Guess that statement may need revising... Or may just be that's a thing for 95 only? They're all sorts of weird in multiple ways so that wouldn't surprise me much lol.

fancyTBI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh?? I knew there were 95+ trucks that came with power locks but manual windows and mirrors, but I don't think I've ever seen one that was only lacking power mirrors! Guess that statement may need revising... Or may just be that's a thing for 95 only? They're all sorts of weird in multiple ways so that wouldn't surprise me much lol.
Interesting. I haven’t seen too many power mirror trucks. Mostly SUVs.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Interesting. I haven’t seen too many power mirror trucks. Mostly SUVs.
Rawhide has power locks, windows and mirrors, like his little brother Burb. He is a Silverado though, and there's a few "special option packages" in the VIN number report. I'll have to see if I have a 1997 Chevy truck brochure, to see what all that got you back then. Most of the CCLB I see are Cheyenne and Scottsdale, so they're not optioned as nicely. On the other hand, the crew cab short bed trucks I've seen, all look pretty dressed out.

vince72

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I started collecting some of the parts today. Here is what I scored. I do need the driver trim panel without power mirror.. anyone have one?

Attachments

• IMG_4217.jpeg
    IMG_4217.jpeg
    189.5 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_4216.jpeg
    IMG_4216.jpeg
    192.2 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_4218.jpeg
    IMG_4218.jpeg
    128.5 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_4221.jpeg
    IMG_4221.jpeg