Making the best of the old work truck I have to work with / Project creep commencing (Same as it ever was)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Road Trip

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All studying & no play makes for a dull Road Trip.

Recently I saw a delightful photo of someone's daughter dressed up to be a
Transformer for Halloween. (live wire) It reminded me of something I got
to do with my twin daughters while we were all dressed up for the holidays.

Long story short, I had finally found a pair of (used) loudspeakers that I had
wanted for years, and finally I was hoping to recreate my all-time favorite audiophile
advert.

A little background. The first time I saw this ad I realized that there were others who appreciated
quality sound reproduction at realistic SPLs in much the same way as I did:

You must be registered for see images attach

(credit: Blown Away Guy advert)

Back then nearly everyone had seen this ad, for it had been run in all manner of magazines.
So I was hoping to compose a similar photo, so that I could post it in my cubicle at work,
with the idea to reassure my coworkers that I was taking my dad responsibilites seriously:

Even with a fan set on High behind the loudspeaker I just couldn't get the desired look & feel for the photo.
While composing the shot I knew this wasn't quite what I was looking for. So I decided to go with Plan B,
which was to show my coworkers that I was providing my daughters with high quality books to help
foster a true love for pleasure reading.

Not just Black Beauty, Heidi, Tom Sawyer, The Hardy Boys, the Nancy Drew Mysteries, Harry Potter, etc.
But also some quality reading material that would give them a balanced outlook on life:

Missy enjoying the senseless beauty of Grumpy's mechanical engineering marvels.

Meanwhile, Stephanie was enjoying reading about big power in a different discipline:

I ended up putting all 3 photos up in my cubicle, and I'm happy to report that they got the
reaction that I hoped they would. I was especially pleased by the fact that my friends at
work weren't quite sure if I was serious or if I was pulling their leg.

As it should be.

:0)

Last edited: