Looking to tune the Truck. Need some guidance!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Astro

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey all, have 96 k1500 l31 with an 0411 and 4L80 swap. I would like to tune the truck, but it's been so long I don't remember how to lol. I have hp tuners and the capability, just not the know how anymore.

Mods:
1.6 rockers
Updated spider injection
Headers
2.5 exhaust
No cats
Volant CAI
4L80 swap
3.73 gears sitting on 35's (I know, I know)
Electric fans (but would like to set them up PCM controlled.)

Any guidance would be appreciated. I have all the required equipment, but don't remember where to get started. It's not allowing me to upload my current tune unfortunately. If anyone wants to see it, I can email.

Edit: I heard I can zip the file. I'll do that soon.

Last edited:

BeXtreme

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey all, have 96 k1500 l31 with an 0411 and 4L80 swap. I would like to tune the truck, but it's been so long I don't remember how to lol. I have hp tuners and the capability, just not the know how anymore.

Mods:
1.6 rockers
Updated spider injection
Headers
2.5 exhaust
No cats
Volant CAI
4L80 swap
3.73 gears sitting on 35's (I know, I know)
Electric fans (but would like to set them up PCM controlled.)

Any guidance would be appreciated. I have all the required equipment, but don't remember where to get started. It's not allowing me to upload my current tune unfortunately. If anyone wants to see it, I can email.

Edit: I heard I can zip the file. I'll do that soon.
What are you wanting to tune? Is it not driving well? Trans adjustment? Trims out of whack? You can live tune VE and timing with the Gen 3 stuff, which is nice.

To start, you just read the current file off the PCM and then start messing with it. Open up the VCM Scanner and connect to the vehicle... go drive and see what is off and needs adjustment. Lots of youtube videos out there with info on setting up a good list of PIDs and histograms for tuning.

Astro

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Gotcha,

It's not running badly, but wanted to dial it in for the upgrades is all.