Live Data Program

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Komet

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So would I need anything else special or would the ALDL specific cables previously quoted be able to work alone?
The one I posted works with my Android phone and ALDLDroid. I needed a USB to USB-C adapter but your chromebook might not.

Nick88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not going to work with Chrome OS.
There are many options to get it to work, but if you are not familiar with programming, flashing firmware, or willing to nix the Chrome OS and install Windows on the laptop - just not worth it. Get a win laptop so you can take advantage of better software and functionality.
I know a lot of people use their phone with the app, would I be able to get a usb to phone adapter and use the app with my phone?

JDGMC

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know a lot of people use their phone with the app, would I be able to get a usb to phone adapter and use the app with my phone?
Yes as along as you have a Bluetooth interface for logging. 1320 electronics sold them, but I don't know if they are still in business. Otherwise, you would have to build your own board (Arduino Uno R3 dev board and HC-05 Bluetooth module). Again - Not worth it unless you can find one for sale.

scott2093

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Komet said right above your question he's using the Boosted setup with his android phone and aldl droid.... looks like you just may need an adapter to get to the phone's different usb port if I'm understanding correctly.. I use the 1320 electronics bluetooth adapter but it appears they are no longer and my adapter or something is getting buggy....

That boosted looks like a direct feed which would be sick....
The one I posted works with my Android phone and ALDLDroid. I needed a USB to USB-C adapter but your chromebook might not.

preinternet

Reaction score
stumbled across this post sounds like there is a way to connect my OBD one system to a laptop or chromebook to see live stream
please advise didn't know anything about it
as useual a day late and a dollar short any info would be appreciated

JDGMC

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Komet said right above your question he's using the Boosted setup with his android phone and aldl droid.... looks like you just may need an adapter to get to the phone's different usb port if I'm understanding correctly.. I use the 1320 electronics bluetooth adapter but it appears they are no longer and my adapter or something is getting buggy....

That boosted looks like a direct feed which would be sick....
Looks promising. $110 for the cable and $7 for the adapter. Then again you could pick up a used Windows Laptop for 125.00.

Attachments

• IMG_7372.jpeg
    IMG_7372.jpeg
    266 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_7373.jpeg
    IMG_7373.jpeg
    283.8 KB · Views: 6

scott2093

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks promising. $110 for the cable and $7 for the adapter. Then again you could pick up a used Windows Laptop for 125.00.
Yeah. From my understanding, and I hope Komet can correct me if I'm wrong, you can use the Boosted with your phone via the usb adapter and can also use it with the computer.
I've tried using the 1320 adapter to transmit bluetooth to a laptop with TunerPro but it's very clunky and , although I did get some action, it didn't seem complete and I lost interest.
I like having an old Galaxy tablet in a cup holder deal to monitor stuff while in the truck and take screen recordings, so being able to use both computer and phone would be ideal.

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I get aggravated when people call me on my texting device...
I get aggravated when people text me on my calling device.
What's up with that $hit,nobody wants to talk anymore. They'd rather run their thumbs across their tiny little screens than speak. And most don't know punctuation for $hit.
Stop hiding behind your damn phones people!!!