Kool vue sport mirrors ( manual)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

A97obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Was going to buy a pair and get paint matched
You must be registered for see images attach
Anyone have experience with these based on directly using them by preference / by choice ?
They are their own kind /brand so not like quality is going to differ from any seller.
Do the mirrors adjust and maintain stability (glass not wobble ) loosen over time / flimsy? Are they over all decent as far as daily use on a sport build type of truck lowered or stock not towing . I’m mainly looking for feedback on the glass and its structure rather then accommodations on seeing as good as a stock style mirror allows

I use paddle style mirrors on my 93 but switching don’t like the looks.
In the past on my 97 I have not found a replacement power mirror yet that the glass doesn’t vibrate and i assume a manual mirror isn’t much better regardless on vendor / brand or design .

Last edited:

fancyTBI

*Sad TBI 350 noises*
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All the aftermarket ones vibrate. OEM metal ones go for around $200 on FB usually in need of paint.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have similar ones off of Amazon. They seem to hold adjustment, and vibration is minimal if at all. They definitely don't have the surface area of the larger ones, so that's probably why they seem ok to me. Especially for the price. They probably all come from the same damn factory anyway.

Last edited:

someotherguy

Even more awesome in person
Reaction score
They're 100% a style choice. I love them and ran them on my '94 C2500LD. They're impossible to see out of. Mostly they just fit the legal requirement of having side view mirrors.

Whether the brand you're looking at is any good, don't know. (I hope so as I have a kind of pricey replacement glass on order from them for my SS - heated, auto-dimming, embedded turn signal - to replace the Gentex that is going bad. Apparently the electrochromic chemical in them starts to leak, which distorts the image, and also might be damaging to paint.)

The ones I ran were metal repros offered by TYC (no longer available) and then later I got a set of originals.

You must be registered for see images attach

Richard