In search of 454SS seats. help!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Thanks y'all!
Okay, I got to that yard today and the front seats and console are gone! Did not see anything else out there console wise in the GM trucks besides the standard 95-99 " torpedo" style rounded console.
Monday I'm off work, and I plan to go to the LKQ near me and see what they have. They did have a Suburban there last month, that I got tan interior parts for my crew cab out of.
GMT 400 trucks are getting scarce in the yards(see my post in "what did you do to your 400 today?). I hadn't been in this NE Houston yard in at least 15 years, and thankfully the truck sections are up front instead of half a mile away in the back. But precious few of our trucks there, and the only squares were two stripped out 90-91 Suburbans.

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
just did a quick search on ebay they do have in red/maroon/burgundy but they are expensive all that I saw were between 120 and 300
I think red/burgundy is the rarest interior color (different shades between early and later interiors) and because that's what the 454SS has...deep pockets needed.
And the early style console is A: more desirable anyway cause it looks better and has two cup holders in the front, and B: minimum of 30 years old so harder to find in the first place.

99xcss4

frank'n (truburban) K-2500
Reaction score
I think red/burgundy is the rarest interior color (different shades between early and later interiors) and because that's what the 454SS has...deep pockets needed.
And the early style console is A: more desirable anyway cause it looks better and has two cup holders in the front, and B: minimum of 30 years old so harder to find in the first place.
agree that the 88-94 center consoles look better all though my self I would rather have a split bench also I would say that the red/maroon/burgundy and grey are my favorite interiors on these trucks

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
agree that the 88-94 center consoles look better all though my self I would rather have a split bench also I would say that the red/maroon/burgundy and grey are my favorite interiors on these trucks
Another thing I think is that the later(95-98/9) trucks also include a LOT of SUVs and are way more likely to have buckets and console.
Had I had the money and time, there was a Burb out there like mine, except with the cloth velour interior. I would've brought those seats home for my Burb.....

Stowburb

Reaction score
Okay, I got to that yard today and the front seats and console are gone! Did not see anything else out there console wise in the GM trucks besides the standard 95-99 " torpedo" style rounded console.
Monday I'm off work, and I plan to go to the LKQ near me and see what they have. They did have a Suburban there last month, that I got tan interior parts for my crew cab out of.
GMT 400 trucks are getting scarce in the yards(see my post in "what did you do to your 400 today?). I hadn't been in this NE Houston yard in at least 15 years, and thankfully the truck sections are up front instead of half a mile away in the back. But precious few of our trucks there, and the only squares were two stripped out 90-91 Suburbans.
Thank you for looking out! I really appreciate that. I’m seeing about the same here. I find very few of them around here and the ones I do find are generally the 95-99 trucks and the look like Fred Sanford and Son used them to haul junk and have the Snot beat out of them.
I have found a few consoles on EBay. Some are nice and some are kinda crappy but they are asking way more than I paid Brian for the seats.
I hate to pay that kinda money for one, but it’s looking like that’s what I’ll have to do. I’m staying optimistic. Lol,
Again,Thank you for looking out!

unruhjonny

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just caught up on this thread;
to me, red seems the most common color.
These trucks are still VERY plentiful in yards up here.
I have seen many consoles;
What differentiates a sigle cab console from an extended cab or suburban/jimmy console?

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I just caught up on this thread;
to me, red seems the most common color.
These trucks are still VERY plentiful in yards up here.
I have seen many consoles;
What differentiates a sigle cab console from an extended cab or suburban/jimmy console?
Regular cab console has a significantly flatter profile towards the floor. Extended cab console used in a regular cab will tilt forward at a ridiculous angle. They can be chopped; I've done it - but I wouldn't recommend chopping up a console unless it was already beat. (*** it's been years but I'm pretty sure Suburban console is same as a regular cab. Extended cabs are the oddballs here. *** welcome to corrections.)

I had this stained, faded, funky old console - (you can't really tell in the pic but the vinyl on the lid was also separating around the depression for the flip-out tray) and decided to give it the chop.
You must be registered for see images attach

Removed the rear mount bracket by drilling out the rivets and then mocked it up in a new spot where it should live after the cuts, and using the plastic below the rear slide-out drawer as my "stop" point, I measured across the bottom sides, marked it, and used a mini-death wheel to cut.

Drilled a couple new holes and pop-riveted the rear bracket in its new place.

Former extended-cab console mounted in a regular cab, nice and level. Still ugly.. this was obviously before heavy cleaning and re-painting.

Richard