Identify the shift arm. ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

caminonut

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can anybody identify this shift lever arm, picked it up at a swap meet and apparently it is not correct for a 350 turbo.
Been unable to find any info on the part number 8695 W
Thank you in advance. :)

Attachments

• IMG_2587.jpeg
    IMG_2587.jpeg
    459.9 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2586.jpeg
    IMG_2586.jpeg
    239.5 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2589.jpeg
    IMG_2589.jpeg
    299.5 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2585.jpeg
    IMG_2585.jpeg
    399.7 KB · Views: 4

NickTransmissions

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can anybody identify this shift lever arm, picked it up at a swap meet and apparently it is not correct for a 350 turbo.
Been unable to find any info on the part number 8695 W
Thank you in advance. :)
Looks like a later TH400 or 91-94 4L80E selector shaft lever.

caminonut

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you, but looks like doesn’t help. I was hoping somebody would know exactly what it’s for.
Like maybe a picture of it on a transmission.

NickTransmissions

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Italicized formatting isn't necessary, nor is telling me that 'looks like doesn't help'...
Since no one else has responded, I'm venturing to guess you'll be waiting quite a while for that photo (but hope I'm wrong, for your sake).

That said, why are you not looking for a known TH350 selector shaft linkage bracket, if that is what you need as opposed to buying a bracket at a swap meet you seem to be completely unfamiliar with?
Most are simple U-shaped brackets that are as common as houseflies and work on TH350s, 400s and 700R4s.

The pic of the bracket you posted has a circular cutout for integrating a nipple-style attachment that mates with the engagement end of a shift cable on a cable-driven range selection system. The stamped 'part number' is prob the type of steel used to produce that bracket as it appears to be aftermarket. Early 4L80Es also have a similar bracket, hence why I put that out there for your consideration.

Maybe someone else can provide exactly what you're asking for...

caminonut

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, meant no disrespect to you.
I did find the correct bracket I was looking for.
But was hoping that somebody could identify the bracket I bought by accident so I could post it for sale on eBay as I would not post a bracket unless I knew exactly what it was for.
I know the the U-shaped one you’re talking about for the 350 turbo or 400. The one I needed looks similar to the one I bought my mistake. It has the two slotted holes for the swivel that goes over to the frame and the arm that sticks down for the floor shift.