ht383e build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

djprisbrey

Reaction score
Hey guys! I just put a ht383e in my 98 silverado. I put a set of bbk tuned headers on it, 3in cat free exhaust with 14in magnaflow muffler and had blackbear tune pcm. Is there any other performance mods that you guys know of that can add more power without having to pull the stock spider injection? Thanks for any advice!

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From what i understand I can't do to much as far as cams because stock spider injection can't supply enough fuel?
IDK, I think you can go bigger but, maybe @L31MaxExpress can chime in. I'm running a Blue Print "383" with a bigger cam on TBI in my 88. :33:
Here's one as an example for your Vortec setup.
Here's the specs on the cam they use.
You must be registered for see images attach

1.6 rockers will help some. YMMV

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
From what i understand I can't do to much as far as cams because stock spider injection can't supply enough fuel?
AUS makes a 36, 48 and 62 lb/hr spider but they do not come cheap. 48 lb/hr unit fed my 500 hp 383 on E85 effortlessly and I only paid $300 for it new in the box from a local guy that changed direction on his build and built a procharged big block with a carb.

djprisbrey

Reaction score
AUS makes a 36, 48 and 62 lb/hr spider but they do not come cheap. 48 lb/hr unit fed my 500 hp 383 on E85 effortlessly and I only paid $300 for it new in the box from a local guy that changed direction on his build and built a procharged big block with a carb.
That's awesome. I had no idea they existed! I will definitely look into that.

djprisbrey

Reaction score
IDK, I think you can go bigger but, maybe @L31MaxExpress can chime in. I'm running a Blue Print "383" with a bigger cam on TBI in my 88. :33:
Here's one as an example for your Vortec setup.
Here's the specs on the cam they use.
You must be registered for see images attach

1.6 rockers will help some. YMMV
What did you do transmission wise to handle that motor?

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What did you do transmission wise to handle that motor?
4L85E with a custom built converter and Sonnax shift kit and a GM 10.5 FF 14-bolt with 3.73 gears. Its not the fastest thing in the world with nearly 7,000 lbs of van wrapped around it, but it does move out decently for what it is. It makes decent power up to 6,200 but I only shift it at 5,500 for longevity reasons.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media