How To: Ditch EFI and keep TBI PCM for 4L60E Control.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

racprops

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
just run the 7427, good grief... do you have your engine built yet or is it still living in dreamland?
I ran in major set backs getting it done and so far each has cause a flaw to be uncovered or a discovery of a thing I needed or needed changed. So alls good

The 7427 DOES NOT have highway mode. The 165 Does. And it can be customized.

That setting in a 85 to 91 Camaro and Corvette OUTSIDE the USA was good for a 5 to 10MPG increase all by its self.

Plus I will be able to run a MAF which is suppose to work better, less fine tune needed.

Rich

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I ran in major set backs getting it done and so far each has cause a flaw to be uncovered or a discovery of a thing I needed or needed changed. So alls good

That setting in a 85 to 91 Camaro and Corvette OUTSIDE the USA was good for a 5 to 10MPG increase all by its self.

Plus I will be able to run a MAF which is suppose to work better, less fine tune needed.

Rich

More like 2-3 mpg in something the shape and aerodynamics of a van. The 165' is also prone to failures and the MAF GM used is absolute junk.

tayto

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Rich
Fast355 posted many years ago a pseudo highway mode in the 7427 if you MUST have it. you can also run open loop and set the fuel ratio to whatever you want.... I honestly don't know why you aren't going to run a newer LS '411 type PCM. you can get a distributor and timing cover with crank sensor from a 96-2000 vortec SBC. you will also need to grab the 4 tooth crank reluctor wheel which will also fit on. then you can most likely get local help to tune this thing.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Fast355 posted many years ago a pseudo highway mode in the 7427 if you MUST have it. you can also run open loop and set the fuel ratio to whatever you want.... I honestly don't know why you aren't going to run a newer LS '411 type PCM. you can get a distributor and timing cover with crank sensor from a 96-2000 vortec SBC. you will also need to grab the 4 tooth crank reluctor wheel which will also fit on. then you can most likely get local help to tune this thing.
Yes I did and the Pseudo highway mode works great provided the VE table is properly tuned.