help with vortec to carb motor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tnkhackworth

Reaction score
I have a 96 chevy truck with a 4.3 v6 vortec motor. I had an old chevy 350 block and parts laying around so i built it up. I am running old cast heads that have all new stuff. i only have one accessory hole on either head. my question is has anyone ran or fabed so the vortec accessory's like alt,power steering and ac will work on an older motor and heads. also does anyone know if the motor mounts will work? Id like to know if the starter will work and i also have a set of old headers off an 80 model chevy i was looking to see if they will fit. I will be trying to put motor in here in a week or so. so i will be updating and let yall know the answers the hard way if yall arnt sure. we are hoping the flexplate and harmonic balancer will work on new motor but if not we have tons laying around

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
- accessories will work, im using 4.3L ones on my 350 Vortec (Carb)
- Motor mounts WILL NOT WORK, go to the wreckers and get a set of 350/305 ones, Engine AND frame side
- Starter will work just fine
- those headers probably wont work.
- Flexplate is same
- Balancer is different DO NOT USE IT.

tnkhackworth

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
motor coming along got a little more done today bout ready to drop it in