Help! Bumper help.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dhawkins556

Reaction score
Well, I can get more pictures tomorrow. Just to make sure I'm clear on the whole thing. The truck is missing the front end right now, I'm trying to get it back together. The bumper is a Chevy bumper that was given to me along with the 94 and up Chevy grille. No filler yet.

someotherguy

Even more awesome in person
Reaction score
No offense intended man but it's hard to help people that won't pay attention. :)

Bumpers fit the same through every year of these trucks. They are all the same. Regardless of Chevy or GMC, old grille or new grille.

Key differences when swapping parts around: 1988-1993 use shorter middle bumper brackets, a filler strip that attaches to the grille using push pins, and corner fillers to match that strip. 1994-up uses the slightly longer middle bumper brackets with a filler strip and grille that click into each other using locking tabs. You can't mix these parts, not at least without hacking them, which I do not recommend.

Richard

dhawkins556

Reaction score
No offense intended man but it's hard to help people that won't pay attention. :)

Bumpers fit the same through every year of these trucks. They are all the same. Regardless of Chevy or GMC, old grille or new grille.

Key differences when swapping parts around: 1988-1993 use shorter middle bumper brackets, a filler strip that attaches to the grille using push pins, and corner fillers to match that strip. 1994-up uses the slightly longer middle bumper brackets with a filler strip and grille that click into each other using locking tabs. You can't mix these parts, not at least without hacking them, which I do not recommend.

Richard

Yea, it's cool man, I appreciate your help. I'm aware of the filler differences, I'll just get the filler that I need once I get it together. Would you feel comfortable if I gave you my number to call, maybe I would understand better then.

someotherguy

Even more awesome in person
Reaction score
The other parts you have dictate what other parts you need. Since you won't post pics of your grille and other associated items, I can't help anymore. Too much back and forth for something that has been explained about a thousand times on dozens of different truck forums across the web. Good luck.

Richard

dhawkins556

Reaction score
Ok, let me simplify my question.... Did different years have different length bumper brackets, if so, which ones were long and which ones short? Easy enough huh?

dhawkins556

Reaction score
Nvm, I'm just going to pull the older style from the warehouse and compare for myself.

MYT HI

LOUD AND PROUD
Reaction score
Ok, let me simplify my question.... Did different years have different length bumper brackets, if so, which ones were long and which ones short? Easy enough huh?
Yes.

88-93 were taller vertical and such
94+ were shorter

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Someotherguy posted that exact answer in his reply.