Gas gauge acting up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hey guys I have 94 Silverado with a 5.7 the problem I’m having beside everything else is my gas gauge is stuck on the line before the middle when I come to a stop the gas gauge goes down and goes to the same middle line when I make hard turns the gauge moves around then goes back to the middle I don’t know how much fuel is in my tank and I worried it will leave me stranded.

docstoy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Anyone been doing anything in or with fuel tank ? What is everything else ? To keep from hoofing keep tank full until problem is resolved. What tools/ experience do you have ? You will need to disconnect connector at fuel tank to diagnose, with connector unplugged gauge should go to full with key on. More info in electrical service manual which can be downloaded from sticky threads above it is titled 88-98 service manuals. Best of luck

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any chance you have about half-a-tank of fuel? That would explain the gauge showing...about half a tank.

Have you filled the tank to see if the gauge shows "Full"?