FusibleLink Diagram

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Just wondering where I can find a good wiring schematic for the fusible Link connections on the firewall. Found some of the wires under my cover that were very corroded and was just checking to see what they all feed easily. One of the very worst wires went from the first 1/2” nut to a smaller connection, I’m assuming it’s a ground? Any better diagrams than the Haynes manual would be great!
Thanks

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Try checking the GM factory service manuals here:

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Try checking the GM factory service manuals here:

A link to find a link…nice! :deal:

Road Trip

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just wondering where I can find a good wiring schematic for the fusible Link connections on the firewall. Found some of the wires under my cover that were very corroded and was just checking to see what they all feed easily.

Hello joes1992silverado,

When you download the files for your '92, be sure to search for & include the Electrical manual.
And once you open that file, you can do a 'Ctrl F' (Find) and search for the phrase power distribution.
Here's a taste of what is awaiting you:

You must be registered for see images attach

(credit: 1992 "Chevrolet C/K Electrical Wiring Manual")

One of the very worst wires went from the first 1/2” nut to a smaller connection, I’m assuming it’s a ground?

Everything connected to this Junction Block is part of the "Hot Always" 12v power distribution system,
normally through a fusible link, and then fanned out to one or more fused circuits for further distribution.
And also to the ignition switch for all the 'specifically timed' power feeds. So no grounds directly connected to
this firewall junction block.

I've also attached the same page in .pdf format so that you can easily blow it up and read the fine print.
And I've also included a metric to AWG size conversion table to help you figure out which wires are
which, size-wise.

Do yourself a favor and download the best documentation there is on these old road warriors. The
Factory Service Manuals really reduce the amount of guesswork that goes into keeping these running
like new.

Best of luck with your truck --

Attachments

• '92 Battery Junction Block CK Wiring Manual.pdf
    337.2 KB · Views: 2
  • wire size table - metric vs gauge - 99 Chevrolet & GMC CK Truck SM - Vol. 3 & 4.jpg
    wire size table - metric vs gauge - 99 Chevrolet & GMC CK Truck SM - Vol. 3 & 4.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 6
Last edited: