FusibleLink Diagram

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JustinJ94FSB

Reaction score
Some great info here, getting the electrical diagnosis manual as i type this. Quick question, not trying to jack the thread! Would it be safe and acceptable to connect the power wire from my electronic brake controller as well as the power wire from my 7pin trailer plug, and connect both of them to the junction block on the firewall? If so, is there any specific stud on the junciton block that would be best for this? The vehicle is a 1994 k1500 blazer 5.7 tbi. I guess i dont know how much output the junction block can handle, or if its not any different than connecting right to the battery. My wiring would just look much cleaner if i could tap into the junction block. (I will be using fuses/breakers at the connection for each wire)

Last edited:

JustinJ94FSB

Reaction score
I don't see a problem with connecting at the junction block.

How much current (amperage) do those devices draw?
Not 100% sure. 1 of the wires goes directly to my 7pin trailer connector and I'm not sure what type of amperage draw that would have. The other wire provides power to my brake controller. The box for the brake controller lists some numbers such as "nominal current draw 12A, and maximum rated current 18A." I did post a thread of my own with some other questions related to this install, and i'd love to get connected to someone who is wise with electrical/trailer wiring type stuff. not questioning you, just saying for anyone else reading this.