Factory rims, or aftermarket on GMT-600 van

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
These are on a 2002 van. It's the last year the van was based on our trucks. Were these van only or aftermarket? I don't think I've ever seen this design before.

I'm not considering buying it, but I do like it.

You must be registered for see images attach

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Are they maybe Jeep wheels? They did have some 5x5 stuff. That would be an earlier model Savanna/Express van, the later ones in that same body style were 6 lug.

Richard

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Are they maybe Jeep wheels? They did have some 5x5 stuff. That would be an earlier model Savanna/Express van, the later ones in that same body style were 6 lug.

Richard

It's supposed to be a 2002. Do you mean earlier than that? It's the last year of the GMT-600, based on the 400. The GMT-610 is the GMT-800 derived platform.

I'm curious enough, I might go see if I can see anything on the back of the rims.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Went on Car-Part.com to check out this wheel/van combo, and doncha know, there's a salvage yard about 45 min. from me that has a 2001 van with those very wheels. Got me wondering how they'd look on a truck. Hmmm...
I did kinda feel like they seemed vaguely familiar, but I don't look at a lot of vans so it escaped me. Good detective work.

Richard

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
That is a good looking wheel! I don't think I have ever seen them(guess I thought they were aftermarket, if I did). That'd be a cool upgrade for Burb, once I get him going again. Got two days off next week, maybe I can get some truck fixing done on both.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I guess they were somewhat common on those vans. Like I said I don't look at vans too often, but a little searching did turn 'em up. These are also 2002 models.

Quite a few of these also came with the 5 spoke smooth cap alloys we're used to seeing on GMT400's so I'd say it's a safe bet these other style wheels will fit just fine on a GMT400.

Richard