Driveshaft fell out on the freeway!what's vibrating? help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Problem2420

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey guys well my u joint popped awhile back so I replaced it, but I was driving on the freeway the other day and had to a vibration and thought I need to get to that later. Then I decided to pass a car and it got violent. Decided to pull off and before I got into the emergency lane the drive shaft popped out. Long story short got it towed home replaced the u joint but the truck vibrates at 10-15 mph So I'm wondering if it could be the yoke of driveshaft. Any help guys please.

Oh and the truck never use to do it until 65-70mph

dropped93

I want one of everything
Reaction score
if it actually "fell out" theres a good chance you might have knocked it out of balance.

Problem2420

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So if it's out of balance should I get a new one? Or could it be rebalanced like tires. If so were? Thanks guys that slipped my mine I was just looking at physical appearance.

Fobroader

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Any driveline or transmission shop should be able to dynamically balance it for you. Shouldnt be more than about $100. A friend got a driveshaft for a Jeep shortened and balanced for less than $150 so Im thinking about 100 for just balancing.

Problem2420

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks again guys finall got to call a few transmission shop, while they don't do them they recommended me to a shop around my area. Called and they said about $90. While Its not bad I'm surprised that I could only find one shop so far that had the machines to do it