Driveshaft Dust Cap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hyp3rDeath101

Reaction score
I've got another idea for a seal, but I'm currently waiting for a new U-joint from RockAuto. One of the bearing caps did a Chernobyl, and blew its top off while I was pressing it in.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
A source for new seal or some compromise? Have checked all the usual seal suppliers? SKF, American Rawhide, National, orange bearing, and others, they also stock and supply . A wide variety of sellers any might have on shelf.
It's a rather important rotating part, using the correct seal is the best choice. An unsuitable substitute would result in shorted service life. Excess wear, vibration . The long term of a replacing the shaft could be $$$. Good luck!

scott2093

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Unfortunately, it looks like Fort Wayne Clutch & Driveline is out of those seals.
Yeah I just used it to verify the reference to the GM 26047142..

Here it looks like a possible seal.... references the GM part number for the dust cap that it fits...But the dust cap is out of stock..
Still doesn't look like first pic..... but does look like post #3

I do think calling any driveline place around you would probably yield exactly where to get the goods....

Last edited: