Driver's Power window

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Good afternoon ladies and gents,
I have a problem that has me stumped. I own a 1999 GMC C1500 pickup with power windows and locks. Just last night, my driver's window was working swimmingly. Today though, she won't move. All I get feedback-wise is a clicking sound from the driver's switch. Power locks are fine, passenger window is fine. Driver's switch ain't working.

Do any of you fine people perhaps know what happened? I am suspecting I may have to replace my switch but that is a tad expensive so I want to see what y'all have to say. Thank you for your time.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Good afternoon ladies and gents,
I have a problem that has me stumped. I own a 1999 GMC C1500 pickup with power windows and locks. Just last night, my driver's window was working swimmingly. Today though, she won't move. All I get feedback-wise is a clicking sound from the driver's switch. Power locks are fine, passenger window is fine. Driver's switch ain't working.

Do any of you fine people perhaps know what happened? I am suspecting I may have to replace my switch but that is a tad expensive so I want to see what y'all have to say. Thank you for your time.
I just had this happen on my crew cab, also on the driver's door window. In my case, it was the master switch on the door panel; that switch was bad. I replaced the switch with a used one from a decent Suburban I found in the local wrecking yard. It almost took longer to get the tools out, than it did to do the job. I think I paid around $25 for the used switch. If you replace the switch, there are white plastic locks on the wiring harness plugs that have to be popped loose before the plugs will come out of the switch. You want to hang onto those because they need to be reinstalled in the replacement switch.