Dreaming about rear shock mounting changes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kenh

"Sparkle someone else's eys"
Reaction score
As most of you know when lowered the rear shocks get layed over quite a bit. To me this does not help with their required action of damping.

I know my truck rides like crap and the new shocks were installed by the PO when he did the lowering kit. The ass end bounces all over like a monkey in heat!

So I was dreaming of installing a bar between the frame rails behind the rear axle. Of course new mounts would have to be made for the axle. The intent is to get the shocks to stand more upright if not vertical hopefully making them more effective. I guess it would be kind of like a coil over setup without the the springs. Shocks only. Maybe attach the lower shock mount to the bottom of the axle with the U-bolts in some fashion???

I'm dreaming out loud here so don't take me too serious!!! Thanks for any input!

Ken

EDIT: I'm not 100% sure how far my truck is dropped. Spindles were used in the front. All else is stock. The rear got new front spring brackets and shackles in the rear. I'm thinking it's a 2-4 drop?????

Das Hatt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Belltech already makes them, you have to raise the bed in order to access the upper shock mounts to put these on though