Day time running lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gatorboy

You can keep your import.
Reaction score
I another that HATES Day Time Running lights. OMG, I can't stress how much I hate them haha. I'm sorry, but if you can't see a car coming without lights on, you have no business driving. But the main reason I hate them is I also ride motorcycles. When bikes started having lights on all the time it was great. Finally get seen sometimes. But now dang near all the fricking cars on the road have DRL's, and motorcycles are once again hidden. I see every time. People looking straight at me, but don't see me and pull right the heck out in front. Know why? All the dang DRL's!!! OMG I hate them lol. And even more, the stupid cars like the 02 Sonoma I had. DRL's are always on, but you use your blinker and your headlights then turn off, and then back on after blinker finishes, and now you have people thinking you're flashing your lights at them. Gawd, so stupid. Then I also had a ZR2 S10, and it had the little light switch on the left.... which did NOTHING! Pfft. Lights turned themselves on and off as they pleased based on what the sensor on the dash sees as light. Anyways, rant done. But I hate DRL's with a passion.

In inclement conditions like a white out, you can not see a car coming without headlights on.

Old Goat Ninja

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Right behind you with Duct tape stretched out
In inclement conditions like a white out, you can not see a car coming without headlights on.

Absolutely. Sometimes lights need to be on of course. Same with dark skies during the day and heavy rain, etc. There's definitely times for lights. I just think a bright sunny day at high noon does not need lights on. But during those times when they should be on, I'd prefer to have the option to take the 2 seconds it takes to turn them on myself.

EastTXYukon

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont mind DRL's when they are a seperate light, like the NBS style. You have your headlights, and you have your seperate DRLs. Im not trying to find a way to disable the DRLs on my wifes 04 Tahoe. But the GMT 400 design is just stupid. If I want my headlights on, I'll turn them on.

I disabled my DRLs on my 96 by pulling fuse 15, and I then pulled out the DRL indicator bulb on my gauge cluster.

Gatorboy

Reaction score
Then they should turn them on- problem solved. Cars will never be idiot proof.

Absolutely. Sometimes lights need to be on of course. Same with dark skies during the day and heavy rain, etc. There's definitely times for lights. I just think a bright sunny day at high noon does not need lights on. But during those times when they should be on, I'd prefer to have the option to take the 2 seconds it takes to turn them on myself.
Cars can become idiot proof. Remove idiot drivers. License tests should be much harder than they are now and they should need renewal tests every 5 years or so.

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
Cars can become idiot proof. Remove idiot drivers. License tests should be much harder than they are now and they should need renewal tests every 5 years or so.

I can drive like an idiot and I can drive professional...

agreed though that test should be much harder. how did this thread turn into a debate? :rofl:

and on another note- my dash doesn't have those DRL lights for some reason- not complaining though! Maybe they didn't have them available with the 110 cluster? IDK

Old Goat Ninja

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Right behind you with Duct tape stretched out

Yeah, but that'll never happen. What I mean is, yeah, they could test every 5 years, but honestly, what will it do? Lots of dumb people can pass a test. Driving, in my opinion of course, is more about common sense than it is knowing the laws of the road or the proper blinkers distance, etc. As the saying goes, common sense isn't so common. This is all just my opinion of course. I just don't see how more testing would help. Anyone with enough persistence can graduate college with a degree and still be dumb in the field they just went to school for, so anyone with enough reading of the book, can pass the driving test over and over and still be a dumba$$ driver.

Gatorboy

Reaction score
I can drive like an idiot and I can drive professional...

agreed though that test should be much harder. how did this thread turn into a debate? :rofl:

and on another note- my dash doesn't have those DRL lights for some reason- not complaining though! Maybe they didn't have them available with the 110 cluster? IDK
Even my cluster has a spot for DRL and there wasn't even DRL in '95 :rofl: