Cunningham Driving Shaft

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JPVortex

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
it's plug and play!

Cunningham Machine is definitely the quality option, but if you want to be cheap a Jeep XJ steering shaft can be easily modified to accomplish the same result. Thats the way I went, and no problems a year in.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
+1 on the Jeep shaft.

EDIT: I do need to say that I'm not knocking Cunningham's parts. I just ordered his door pin and bushing kit. If I had a later truck I'd definitely buy the Cunningham shaft. But if you have an early truck, the Jeep shaft is crazy cheap and easy. If you have to have new parts, buy the Cunningham.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I didn't. Mine came with a light oily substance in there, so I just put it on as it came. It may not be a bad idea to put something in there tho.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

when you installed yours, did you take out the bolts and connect the other side of the shaft into the hole ?

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The only time that shaft slides is when you install it, or remove it...or the truck is in a crash so severe that the frame is bent.

Lube wouldn't hurt...but I can't imagine it's needed.

Look in the service manual. See if that shaft is a lubrication point. I'm betting it isn't.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I believe grease goes in there to keep it from clanking around so much? Or so I read a jillion years ago.