Courtesy light wiring / K2xx puddle light?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jus10inbrla

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Are you adding the puddle light on the ground side or power side? As door plunger has power standing by waiting for plunger contact completing to ground.
Tried it on either side. It only comes on power side. (On whether plunger pushed in or out)

Ground side never comes on whether plunger in or out
What kind of bulb is in the puddle light? Do you have an old 194 socket and bulb you can test with

Its the LED built into the mirror

Attachments

• IMG_7620.png
    IMG_7620.png
    547.9 KB · Views: 5

95burban

Friends don’t let friends use spindles.
Reaction score
I would add a resistor, or test with a regular bulb. I had a similar problem were the led didn’t have enough resistance.

Last edited:

jus10inbrla

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Testig with normal 194 base / incancdescent or led all wiring performed properly. Went point by point connections up to mirror. Also tried adding a resistor, loght was only dimmer. And diode either didnt allow power; or no backfeed. Just further telling me the issue is inside mirror…

The issue is inside the mirror relative to ground. It doesnt have an independent ground for each circuit in the mirror (heat, signal, puddle) they are piggyback grounded to the frame of a bolt . (See photo of wiring diagram. The top 4 are one harness for power mirror operation while bottom 4 are the other harness)

I have to dig into it more

**HOWEVER*** i do know where the short is; while moving some wires behind fuse panel i heard the *snap* and guess what circuit it was? Yep. That one. Anothe project for another day.

Attachments

• IMG_7622.png
    IMG_7622.png
    716.3 KB · Views: 7

jus10inbrla

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Aftermarket. FWIW the k2 manufacturer isnt the avg chinesium junk. It’s probably the most bought c/k set there is.