Converting vortec 350 to carburetor still using computer and able to shift without any programmers chips Etc awesome build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

funnyfarm

Reaction score
Good day everyone I was going to let you know I am a K1500 lover, I recently had to rebuild my vortec 350 due to changing out central port fuel injected to multiport fuel injected. Multi-port fuel injected failed Hydro lock the engine long story short . We went ahead and rebuilt the engine went with super high-rise intake spacer aftermarket elderbrock carburetor long tube headers true dual exhaust HEI ignition system fuel pump regulator. And installed a TPS sensor on elderbrock wired everything in Connected crank signal wire to the coil wire for the tachometer side. With the TPS sensor and the crank positioning sensor truck will run and drive and shift and all the dash will work just as normal :) I know a lot of people have done this but there's not too many videos out there are people talking about it besides on throttle body doing the conversion and or buying a programmer for the 4L60E I was able to do all this for under a thousand dollars made a basic video from YouTube I'll see if I can upload it on here to better explain it if there's anybody else that wants to try this have a wonderful day David

Video on you tube I threw together to better explain
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Attachments

• 20240801_141724.jpg
    20240801_141724.jpg
    419.9 KB · Views: 14
  • 20240801_141739.jpg
    20240801_141739.jpg
    407.5 KB · Views: 14
  • 20240801_141743.jpg
    20240801_141743.jpg
    368.7 KB · Views: 14
  • 20240801_141720.jpg
    20240801_141720.jpg
    422.8 KB · Views: 14

Cadillacmak

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Good day everyone I was going to let you know I am a K1500 lover, I recently had to rebuild my vortec 350 due to changing out central port fuel injected to multiport fuel injected. Multi-port fuel injected failed Hydro lock the engine long story short . We went ahead and rebuilt the engine went with super high-rise intake spacer aftermarket elderbrock carburetor long tube headers true dual exhaust HEI ignition system fuel pump regulator. And installed a TPS sensor on elderbrock wired everything in Connected crank signal wire to the coil wire for the tachometer side. With the TPS sensor and the crank positioning sensor truck will run and drive and shift and all the dash will work just as normal :) I know a lot of people have done this but there's not too many videos out there are people talking about it besides on throttle body doing the conversion and or buying a programmer for the 4L60E I was able to do all this for under a thousand dollars made a basic video from YouTube I'll see if I can upload it on here to better explain it if there's anybody else that wants to try this have a wonderful day David

Video on you tube I threw together to better explain
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Cool build dude! I love custom, think outside the box builds, that show dedication to the build and general love of automotive excellence.