Clutch pedal mount

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JPVortex

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You don’t really need that bracket that came factory.

I manual swapped and to support all I did was drill a 1/2in hole in the middle of the clutch pedal bracket, then I drilled through the body of the truck, the hole should come out inside the wiper cowl.

From there I put a 1/2in bolt with a nut. Between that big bolt and the master cylinder bolts the clutch pedal is supported perfectly fine.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If there's a support bracket on a pedal assembly, you want it. I've watched a competing race team weld up a crack in their firewall because their brake master cylinder kept flexing it.

JPVortex

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If there's a support bracket on a pedal assembly, you want it. I've watched a competing race team weld up a crack in their firewall because their brake master cylinder kept flexing it.
I haven’t had any problems with my truck, but you do make a good point.

I’d be more worried about it if I were on a race team. The race team is probably constantly mashing the brake hard when coming around a turn on the track or slowing down to stop. Where as someone like me is just casually pressing the clutch without much force.

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You don’t really need that bracket that came factory.

I manual swapped and to support all I did was drill a 1/2in hole in the middle of the clutch pedal bracket, then I drilled through the body of the truck, the hole should come out inside the wiper cowl.

From there I put a 1/2in bolt with a nut. Between that big bolt and the master cylinder bolts the clutch pedal is supported perfectly fine.
Yeah,Uh,No!
I just got all the cowl leaks sealed up in my truck,I'm not about to go poking holes in it now. Tropical storm Debby just dumped about 10" of rain on us within a 24hr period and the inside of my truck stayed bone dry.

JPVortex

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah,Uh,No!
I just got all the cowl leaks sealed up in my truck,I'm not about to go poking holes in it now. Tropical storm Debby just dumped about 10" of rain on us within a 24hr period and the inside of my truck stayed bone dry.
Yeah definitely don’t mess with it then! I’m a bit of a redneck backyard mechanic(as you can probably tell from my posts on here lol) so take my advice with a grain of salt. Best of luck finding that bracket!!!

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks to Caman96 spotting one of these on ebay I scored it this morning. Now I have all the parts if I decide to go with the manual tranny.
NV 3500 close ratio tranny
16lb Corvette flywheel
Clutch kit
PMGR starter for the 153 tooth flywheel
Internal slave cylinder
Master cyl.
Clutch and brake pedals
Clutch pedal bracket
Clutch pedal bracket support.
I still need to freshen up the tranny with new bearings and syncro rings and replace to input shaft due to a POS needle bearing failure.
If I don't use this thing it's all going up for sale as a package.

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks to Caman96 spotting one of these on ebay I scored it this morning. Now I have all the parts if I decide to go with the manual tranny.
NV 3500 close ratio tranny
16lb Corvette flywheel
Clutch kit
PMGR starter for the 153 tooth flywheel
Internal slave cylinder
Master cyl.
Clutch and brake pedals
Clutch pedal bracket
Clutch pedal bracket support.
I still need to freshen up the tranny with new bearings and syncro rings and replace to input shaft due to a POS needle bearing failure.
If I don't use this thing it's all going up for sale as a package.
And I have to make a shift lever. I've got a 6.5mm Carcano barrel with a sewer pipe bore that will make a good shift lever,might even leave the sights on it.

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And I have to make a shift lever. I've got a 6.5mm Carcano barrel with a sewer pipe bore that will make a good shift lever,might even leave the sights on it.
It did actually show up so this thread can go in the trash bin.
Thanks for all the responses. I especially loved telling the scammers to F off!