Can somebody please explain TBI tuning files and burning chips along with the hardware/software needed? It’s a 1995 so luckily I have OBDII

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Surprised you didn't mention EBL.
Ha ha, unfortunately EBL doesn't control electronic transmissions unless you piggyback the OE one. Then you'll need to learn how to "tune" it too, if you want different shift points, torque control, etc.

I found an EPROM programmer on Amazon for 30$. I assume it can program (but not erase) a PROM chip?
If it's like a Moates Burn2 it can read the EPROM but, can't erase or "Burn" it. It can only read/erase/flash EEPROMs

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes,it reads and burns EPROM's and yes I bought the 27SF512 EEPROM's. Supposedly you can erase and reflash these things many times.
Reckon my next acquisition is going to be the Motronic emulator. Just bought an AEM WBO2. Thinking of mounting it in a box and turning it into a tool to tune A/F ratio on my bike too.