Brakes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mcajun68

Reaction score
Just had my brake booster and master cylinder changed on a 95 C1500 Single Cab a couple weeks ago by a reputable mechanic. Since then, my brakes got stuck when a sudden application was made around 5 times in those two weeks. Any idea of what would be causing that? Bad calipers? It has drums in the back and disk up front. Seems like to me the front is hanging up. I can tap on the brake pedal or l lift it up with my left foot and seems to work fine after that.

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
The new parts seems suspicious, were they good name brand or the cheapest option available? Do they have a warranty?

Otherwise the rubber lines are usually due for replacement on 20+ year old vehicles when doing any other brake work. When those get old the internals swell and doesnt let fluid return to the master. the easiest diagnostic for this is to get an IR temp gun on all 4 brakes after a long drive, if one of the fronts or both backs are significantly hotter, its time for rubber lines.

Mcajun68

Reaction score
RickhLo,
Thanks for your feedback, I really trust this mechanic, I don't think he would have put junk parts on my truck. I tell him to treat it like his daughter was driving it.

I will check the temperature on the hubs next time I'm on the road. Thanks again for your response!

I really want to change the whole brake system after the ABS, and go with a bigger slotted brake rotor, new calipers, and new brake lines. Disk front and back too.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The only times I've had brakes sticking it was due to brake hoses. Doesn't mean it can't be something else, but that's my experience.

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
No problem before the master cylinder and booster replacement. Have the problem after. Your mechanic should recheck the work done and the parts used. IMO, something hanging up in the booster. Should check the brake pedal pivot as well.

During this process, the hoses do not NEED to be touched but that does not mean they can't be a problem, as well as caliper pistons, but I doubt it.

What brand of replacement parts were used?