Brake booster

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RossoRacer

Reaction score
Yeah, fair point. I kinda forgot there's no description of my vehicle on my posts either, just that avatar pic. Not sure about "brake rpo", however.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, fair point. I kinda forgot there's no description of my vehicle on my posts either, just that avatar pic. Not sure about "brake rpo", however.
In glove box you’ll find a sticker showing all the 3 digit codes.
For example, this is for JB8 brakes:

You must be registered for see images attach

RossoRacer

Reaction score
You already know the answer to that. Some parts you definitely don’t want to skimp on.
No I didn't, after at least one of these posts said "check with the experience of the members here". Are you now confirming that it's best to spend the $485.50 on the one part with the number I was given then?

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No I didn't, after at least one of these posts said "check with the experience of the members here". Are you now confirming that it's best to spend the $485.50 on the one part with the number I was given then?
You have to make that call. Too many variables. You driving your family in this? What’s the value of your truck, is it worth spending $485.00 on a $2000.00 truck or is your truck worth 20k? I could go on, but you get my point. I can only say what I’d do for my truck. What is the GM part number? I can look around.

RossoRacer

Reaction score
Bought it for $12,500 a couple years ago, and I'm chronically single but help out with a youth ministry and wanna be able to use it to help with that. Might be helping a guy at my church move too, idk. Bodywork is in pretty good condition for a 26 year old truck, underside could use a wire wheel and some undercoating but is solid. I'd sooner keep this vehicle and my bare-bones Patriot than get any of the new rolling computers, even if I could afford one.

Part number is 19371352, out of stock and marked discontinued on GMpartsoverstock.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I noticed part number. You could buy a rebuild kit and attempt that. I’ve never rebuilt one and have no experience doing that, although @someotherguy has a current thread on this subject, maybe he has some input. Other than that, I only see Amazon Chinese parts or that ebay NOS part.