Blower motor troubles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

USARet

Reaction score
New to this site. First time post. I have a blower/relay issue. Blower will not operate on high. I have found…blower motor ground wire has 9.6vdc on it with 5k ohms continuity to frame ground. I have same findings on high relay connector plug ground. If I ground blower to frame it works on high. All other components tested are good, relay, resister and control unit.

Why would these two grounds have 9.6vdc on them? The grounds have continuity to each other. So I assume they run to the same grounding point under the dash.

Thanks!!

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Blower will not operate on high.
WHAT VEHICLE?

blower motor ground wire has 9.6vdc on it with 5k ohms continuity to frame ground. I have same findings on high relay connector plug ground. If I ground blower to frame it works on high. All other components tested are good, relay, resister and control unit.

Why would these two grounds have 9.6vdc on them? The grounds have continuity to each other. So I assume they run to the same grounding point under the dash.
SOMETHING in the ground circuit is faulty. There may be several places that have poor connection, or maybe just one. The electricity can't "drain" out of the ground circuit, so there's still voltage there.

Clean the connections with emery cloth, sandpaper, whatever it takes--probably at the grounding point under the dash, or at the firewall-to-frame or firewall-to-Engine ground point(s).

As you already know, when the ground is good, the blower will work.