Best transmission pan replacement for 4l60e on a 95 k1500 5.7l

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NickTransmissions

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will do a something reasonable. Let's say 150 being my limit.
See if you can find a good used aluminum deep pan with a filter extension tube on Facebook market place or online forums. If buying new, check ebay. There are reworked factory deep pans with drain plugs for about $40ish. No filter extension needed. You can get off brand pans for around $150 but no clue where they are made or how good they are. I like B&M, TCI and ATI but those are all above $150 new.

Also please quote my post or mention me if wanting me to respond - i just happen to see you replied in the thread as i was about to log off.

Attachments

• IMG_1246.jpeg
    IMG_1246.jpeg
    344.8 KB · Views: 7

Kylebg94

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
See if you can find a good used aluminum deep pan with a filter extension tube on Facebook market place or online forums. If buying new, check ebay. There are reworked factory deep pans with drain plugs for about $40ish. No filter extension needed. You can get off brand pans for around $150 but no clue where they are made or how good they are. I like B&M, TCI and ATI but those are all above $150 new.

Also please quote my post or mention me if wanting me to respond - i just happen to see you replied in the thread as i was about to log off.
Alright so I was talking to a guy. Who suggested I out a deep pan on it. The reason being, the two extra quarts or so will help keep the transmission cooler. He also stated adding a transmission cooler if it doesn't have one. Now I will do a deep pan for now. But I wait on the transmission cooler till the end of the year. Now this guy builds up these transmissions for drag racing. I'm just commuting around on the truck. Some of this may be overkill for my needs. What do you think?

NickTransmissions

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Alright so I was talking to a guy. Who suggested I out a deep pan on it. The reason being, the two extra quarts or so will help keep the transmission cooler. He also stated adding a transmission cooler if it doesn't have one. Now I will do a deep pan for now. But I wait on the transmission cooler till the end of the year. Now this guy builds up these transmissions for drag racing. I'm just commuting around on the truck. Some of this may be overkill for my needs. What do you think?
Cooler first then pan for street-driven vehicles. Pan helps a bit but a good cooler can be a game changer.

Kylebg94

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Is money no object? If no, how much are you willing to spend?
Should I be concerned that the transmission pan didn't have a magnet in it?