Bad coolant sensor pigtail

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bcrump1984

Reaction score
So I am having an issue with a p1351 code on my 96 7.4. Was visually checking for bad wires and noticed the pigtail connector that goes to one of the coolant temp sensors is all chewed up. Are replacements available or can you just splice in new wires into the factory wire down the line where it isn’t chewed up
You must be registered for see images attach

Cadillacmak

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I am having an issue with a p1351 code on my 96 7.4. Was visually checking for bad wires and noticed the pigtail connector that goes to one of the coolant temp sensors is all chewed up. Are replacements available or can you just splice in new wires into the factory wire down the line where it isn’t chewed up
You can do either one, you can find most connectors for sale online or grab one out of a parts rig. When you splice use a good butt connector, dielectric grease, and shrink tube to keep if from corroding. One note to add to that is I have had some dielectric greases cause problems at -20 and below, so if you plan on moving to a cold climate skip that part.