Arteb Headlights / Taillights End-of-Life (?)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Serious flooding in parts of Brazil: Our supplier

Carlos told me today that our Arteb supplier, who resides in Porto Alegre (in the Brazilian state of Rio Grande do Sul), has been affected by the recent flooding that's prevalent in that region.

Our supplier's rep said "Product stock warehouse was seriously affected". He didn't provide specific details.

Video of flooding in the area was posted on YouTube (in English).

What a mess. The city center looks like Venice.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited:

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Serious flooding in parts of Brazil: Carlos' perspective

Carlos emailed me today, as part of an ongoing dialog about the floods in southern Brazil.

He wrote:

I can guarantee you that almost the entire state of Rio Grande do Sul is underwater. It's unbelievable. I believe it is the biggest environmental tragedy in Brazil and one of the biggest in the world.

Yes, but they are without drinking water and without cleaning products such as bleach to decontaminate environments affected, for example, by sewage water and others.

I asked him how the residences are typically constructed, e.g., wood sticks or masonry block. My thought was that masonry construction would survive a severe flood better than sticks.

Yes, almost all Brazilian houses are made of masonry, concrete slabs, concrete and iron columns, something similar to the construction of large multi-story buildings.

Carlos lives in northern Brazil, in the state of Bahia, far from the flooding in the south. Our supplier however is based in the city of Porto Alegre, which is on the ocean and one of the hardest hit areas in the state of Rio Grande do Sul

Last edited:

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know my issues pale in comparison to what's going on in Brazil, but the JB welded headlight is holding up. These lenses are the best update you can make to these trucks. You can see so much better at night, even with crappy halogen bulbs.

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know my issues pale in comparison to what's going on in Brazil, but the JB welded headlight is holding up.

I'm glad to hear it's doing the job.

These lenses are the best update you can make to these trucks. You can see so much better at night, even with crappy halogen bulbs.

I need to get a decent set of bulbs and wire mine for 4-high.