Am I crazy??????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

supertrucker1978

She Does???
Reaction score
Ive owned a Cummins powered truck, Im also looking into the swap for my beater truck when I go to redo that truck. There is so much to this swap that it realistically cant be done to a half ton truck with a budget of 3000. You have 1400 tied up in the engine which leaves you with 1600 to get a tranny, transfer case, front and rear ends (your half ton stuff wont cut it) hydraboost for the brakes, Intercooler (unless it comes with the engine) motor mounts, and all the misc little stuff that no one thinks about when swapping an engine. The 6BT is a medium duty truck engine that was put in light duty trucks. So even when you get the engine in, you have to build the truck to handle it.

98chev

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Anyone think they could give me an estimate of what you think it will cost? If i dont have the $ to do it my plan is to sell my truck and get a diesel..

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Doable, but not with a $3000 budget. **** will start adding up real fast. What about the wiring harness and pcm? Mounting brackets, flexplate adapters, tranny build...

bigwavedave

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hmmm....I would say 6-8K to get it running decent. As far as transmission, you are going to need either a built 4l80e or Allison, or a NV4500 or the stock dodge auto. I think you are better off trying for the 4BT conversion. I don't even think you could do an LQ4 swap for that.....