addiction2basses daily driver build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
no i got 200psi ;) its with the 1/8th air line. if it pops most it will do is whip around alittle. now if it was 3/8 now that could do some damage and hearing damage again as well.lol
but its all good.

and i got most of the work done on my trailer hitch skull cover now. all wiring soldered and heat shrunk, leds all glued inplace as well as epoxy over all the leds inside and out sealing all the important electronics! now i just have to solder the wires from my resistors and diodes to the leds and then hook them into the truck.
i will most likely spray a thin layer of tint over the eye sockets tomorrow to hopefully black out eyes nicely but still allow plenty of light to pass thru! just gotta test the spray on some epoxy to make sure it wont react all crazy like before i spray this skull!

You must be registered for see images attach

video of me quick testing it on some wires. http://s40.photobucket.com/albums/e...on=view&current=video-2012-07-29-20-34-38.mp4

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
done with the skull and installed yesterday. also replaced 2 of my dash clusters leds. im shocked that 2 of them are pretty trashed. one doesnt have a single led working. and another only has 2 leds working on it. like the connections are rusted which i dont freakin understand HOW they would sealed inside my cluster! they are just over 2years old and i just imagined they would last alot longer than that! and i think my other leds might be starting to not work as well because the 2 new ones i put it seem really bright! and of course the leds are only under warranty for 2years. im about 3-4months past warranty :( why does it always happen like this? LOL

these are the leds i bought HP5 leds from superbrightleds 6bucks a bulb. :(

video of my custom skull on my truck. now i really need to do something with my camper shells 3rd brake light.... i hate it now! and i didnt tint the eyes yet so it might be alitle dimmer after i do that.

i also FINALLY used my escalade fog light switch..... but not for fog lights. i hooked it into my air pumps ignition wire since my pumps keep blowing 100amp fuses for some reason. it only pops them when im sitting at idle in gear with the AC and stereo pumpin and if the pumps turn on it pops the main fuse :( i figure its because of the low voltage or something. i never had any problems poping fuses till i upped the pressure switch from 145 to 200psi. its hooked up to 4gauge wire right now and then split to both pumps in the bed. eventually i will swap out the 4gauge to some 0gauge and use a fused distribution block in the bed to seperate the pumps... BUT im to lazy to do it right now! ;) i got everything i need BUT the will power to just go do it! i only got 1 more 100amp fuse left and then it would be a MUST DO.LOL but at least for now i can finally control when the pumps relays are powered up!
i also gotta swap out my alternator pulley and a new smaller belt for the billet overdrive pulley. that im just waiting for money which will happen friday :D and maybe ill do everything else as well. this weekend i will be busy with all that AND a overdue oil change!

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
today i got a hell of a deal on a K&N intake. ;) just under 10bucks. just needs its filter cleaned and spray painting the metal case black again. only thing missing is the top rubber seal that goes around the box. not abig deal. im gonna slap it on my truck as soon as i get it painted black again! tho im not sure how long it will stay in my truck since eventually i will be choping out my inner fenders so that MIGHT cause a bit of issues on fitment with this intake ;) but ill think about that when the time comes!
tho i dont think ill use the throttle spacer. everybody says they are pretty much useless on these vortecs. i just snagged it anyways.

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
Ya I did list it on craigs..... I doubt ill get anybody with cash but it would be real nice to pay off all these dam credit cards! :( its priced so it won't sell to easy.lol or at all.

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
ya thats why im not asking blue book price.lol
the problem with credit cards its they keep charging you more and more! this is the second time ive let them get outta control. last time it was for a second vehicle that i had to sell to pay them off..... and this time it was OF COURSE added up because of a women! :( well she gone finally but the bills still here and they are kickin my ass money wise!
needless to say i wont be having a third credit card run away! as soon as i get one paid off i am canceling it till i only have one left and im turning down its limit to only 1Kbucks! that way it will never get outta control again! first time i didnt learn my lesson and i kept them. NOT AGAIN!
id love to keep the truck but with bills coming nonstop it can get real taxing on ya! ive thought about selling alot of my toys but i dont want to take a big loss on parts that i would just want to buy again. kinda a catch 22. :(
but if someone came to me with 6.5K bucks in cash.... id let the truck go how it sits with all the goodies. and just hope to see it treated right. i can always build another truck. just next time try to do so without credit card use!!!!!

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
no real updates. the K&N intak had one of the nuts crossthreaded and the rod broke inside the nut while i tried to straighten it out.... LUCKELY K&N CUSTOMER SUPPORT GUY I TALKED TO WAS COOL AS SH%T! i was gonna order a bunch of different nuts and bolts and rods for 2 of my intakes, this vortec and also the old one i have for a TBI. he said since the bolts broke and crossthreaded he would just put it in under warrenty and send me a whole hardware kit for both of my intakes..... best of all wont cost me a cent! not even shipping. i was so happy when he said that.... K&N CUSTOMER SUPPORT FTW! i hope to get the bolts any day now so i can slap this sucker in and enjoy it. ill also be selling the old tbi intake it was another junkyard find ive had for about a year or two now and just never called them for new mounting bolts.
i still gotta clean the filter tho. but i did paint the steel box with black bedliner spray.
also changed the oil and rewired my compressors 4gauge to a 1/0gauge wire since i kept blowing 100amp fuses at idle while system was cranked the 4gauge wire felt really hot. so upgraded that big time and now i can also hook up extra toys inside my bed since i have its own 1/0 power and ground blocks now. just grounded to the frame. so far hasnt felt hot or pop anymore fuses but i do have a 150anl fuse right now in it cause thats all i have right now. im just using old parts from past vehicles to keep the upgrades FREE ;)
only downfall is i pulled on my backup cameras while running the power wire and when i got back in my truck.... well my camera didnt work :( im hoping i can fix this BOYO camera but since the wires are so freakin small i doubt i will be able to find the break in the wire! :( i may just pull it out and save up for a alpine backup camera.

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
well i got my K&N hardware the other day and got it thrown on my truck now. cleaned and reoiled the filter. went together pretty smooth. my only slight issue was the inner fender because it uses 2 mounting points BUT i can only use one because my tire will rub the inner fender so hard i dont want the bolt head to tear thru the tire... so i only have it mounted with one shoulder bolt.
but defiantly looks alot better than stock intake. and it does sound throatier BUT only with the hood open... my exhaust over powers the intakes sound with hood closed but its all good.
and i know the red wire is ugly... i just quickly reran the wire to replace my 4gauge wire which kept blowing fuses and getting hot. so i just ripped the 4gauge out and slapped this 1/0gauge amplifier wire in my truck, it was old wire i used in my old civic that i kept so the wire upgrade didnt cost me a penny more. i just need to slap some black wire loom on it eventually.
ill eventually clean it up cosmetically! just another one of those future things.

crappy phone video.

i also scored a fiberglass tono cover from junkyard for 110bucks last week. it didnt come with a key and the handle ive noticed has some slack in it that tends to turn down instead of straight and even when closed so im gonna price a whole new handle and lock assembly and if the whole assembly price isnt to bad ill just replace the whole dam handle instead of just the lock cylinder.
i just put this cover on my truck today and so far i like it BUT its only downfall is the rails do not cover the stake pocket holes. :( so im going to have to get some stake pocket caps to keep all the water out unfortunately... but what can ya do.
hard to argue since i only paid 110bucks for it. and its in pretty good shape.
and im just trying it out for awhile before i paint it to match, so ill be driving around awhile with a red cover.LOL

now i gotta find where to buy those stake pocket caps again. ive seen them before just forgot exactly where.... shouldnt be hard to find.

and im debating if i should paint the cover to match OR paint it black and start my trucks 2tone job.... just tape off the body line and paint everything up black.

Last edited: